Ty got his hair cut by a "real" hair stylist for the first time on Tuesday. It was a little sad, but his hair was getting a little shaggy. I have never loved the long hair look for boys, and although Cooper did look pretty cool with his former do, I am hoping none of my boys decide they want the long hair look, at least not for a few more years-and by then hopefully it will be out of style!!! Mark and I substituted in primary last week and the 11 year-olds had sharing time. One of the kids got up and he SERIOUSLY looked like he had just rolled out of bed. His hair was down to his shoulders and SERIOUSLY matted...I mean SERIOUSLY! Boys are a little sloppy by nature, do we need to add to it with the hair? Come on!!
Just because I have put this out there I guarantee one of my boys will decide they want the shaggy dog do. I guess I'll just have to say, "If missionaries can't do it, you can't do it". :) That will go over well. I can see it now.
5 comments:
We feel the same way. Sheldon is more confident than I, however, that saying "if missionaries can't do it, you can't either" will work. He says it's black and white. I'm not so sure. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there...
That sure is a good looking bunch of boys you have there, long hair, short, hair, or no hair!
Strapping young lads, those Spalding boys. Glad I get to be the aunt to so many handsome boys. AND cute girls.
I must say, though, there are worse things then long hair!! I guess when it gets right down to it I will pick my battles, and if long hair is up against gang banging, drugs and immorality-I'd take the long hair any day!!!!
We have already done the long hair thing with Abell. We told him he could have his hair anyway he wanted to until he got the priesthood. It got pretty long and he received some very lucrative (sp?) offers to get a haircut. Then one day he passed me a note in sacrament asking if he could get his haircut the next morning. I was pretty surprised that he decided that on his own, and he didn't get paid any money for the haircut. I kinda go with the pick your battles mentality... there is so many other things to set my foot down on. Long hair is the least of my worries for my boys. I will post a picture on my blog so you can see his long locks of the past. livinglarsen.blogspot.com
Post a Comment