-George McDonald
This has been a week of spiritual, soul-searching experiences. On Thursday my Mom came over to watch Noah so Mark and I could take Dev, Sam, and Ty to the Draper Temple open house. We were a little worried when Sam refused to sit through the 3 minute movie they presented at a church house down the road from the temple. But, once we got on the bus and then went into the temple, all three boys were mesmerized. It was so neat to see. Sam carried his little pamphlet, open, into each room so that he could find the exact rooms that were shown. Devin said his favorite part was the Celestial Room, Sam said his favorite part was the Celestial Room, and the mirrors in the sealing room. Ty said his favorite part was the "sparkly lights, and dancing"...confusion between the chandelier and a disco ball? :) The tour went quickly and afterward we took them to The Mayan for dinner. My Mom said Ty will forever associate the temple with plastic trees, fake birds, and people diving into water. Oh, well. It was a fun day.

Today I spoke in sacrament meeting on self-reliance and the talk in this months Ensign by Elder Ballard. I was surprised that he focused mainly on spiritual self-reliance, and it was a wonderful topic for me to study. The first thing Elder Ballard talked about was knowing that we are children of God and that we are loved by Him. I found the quote by George McDonald in a talk by Sister Margaret Nadauld and thought it was so good. God knows just what he is doing with us, even if we don't quite understand. Life may hurt sometimes, but for good reason. He is making palaces out of us. And I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind looking like a temple! :)
6 comments:
Great Post Amy. Thanks for the lift. Life gets so hard sometimes. We have to remember we can't see the whole picture. : )
Amy gave a terrific talk. She had a personal experience for each of Elder Ballard's 4 points and it was very inspiring. She didn't mention that she forgot to spring her clocks ahead, and the whole family got up, got ready, and got to 9am church in 45 minutes (they arrived early, even!)
You did a great job yesterday on your talk! I loved the quote you shared! :) You are super!!
I love that quote! Cute pictures of your boys.
Wish we could have heard your talk as self-reliance is the basis of what we teach here in this area. Teaching those that are receiving welfare that they NEED to be self-reliant and actively seeking employment and be able to support themselves and family. Some people have a hard time with that!!! And of course this whole year will be spent on the whole Welfare System of the church and how to become spiritually, emotionally and independently self-reliant!! Come on out and give us your talk!!!
Great experiences with your cuties! Wish I could have heard your talk, as I love that quote!
Post a Comment