Thursday, March 19, 2009
Proud Mamma
Today we had SEP conferences with Devin and Sam's teachers. We had already seen their report cards, so we knew they had done well academically. But, it wasn't how well they are doing in math or reading that impressed me, it was when Sam's teacher said she has had "absolutly no problems" with Sam's behavior, that I started beaming. And then, Devin's teacher told us that she is impressed with his integrity. She said, "He knows right from wrong and has the courage to stand up for what is right, even if it means telling his friends to stop doing what they're doing." She went on to tell us that they have had incidents of vandalism in the bathrooms, and kids using foul language and talking about crude things. She said Devin has come to her several times concerning such incidences. I was beyond happy. I want Devin and Sam, and all our boys, to do well in school. But, it's getting along with people and having integrity that will get them where they want to be in life. This was one of those days that made all those "other" days worth it!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOO HOO---You have good kids and obviously they have good parents. Way to go!!!! (now just wait til they're teens!!!)
Way to go Devin and Sam! And way to go Amy and Mark! That doesn't happen without a lot of work on your part.
We've warned Devin that things are only going to get harder...I don't even want to think about Jr. High!!!
That is awesome. If Devin is willing to go against the crowd at this age, then I am sure he will continue that through jr. high. Good for Sam too. They weren't having anymore beach party's in the gym?
You SHOULD be a proud mama! They are doing great.
Post a Comment