Thursday, July 9, 2009

Theme of the Week

Do you ever have weeks when a common theme seems to dominate? Well, this week has definitely had one. Last Sunday our Gospel Doctrine teacher asked me if I would share a mission story next Sunday, something that was difficult, but helped me grow...that will be a piece of cake-what wasn't difficult? Anyway, so Monday I started reading through my mission journals to refresh my memory a little-it has been 14 years this month since I got home from Japan-can you believe that???? Anyway, then on Tuesday night Mark took Devin and Sam to a Raptors game with cousins and I stayed home with Ty and Noah. I decided to take them to Arctic Circle for a cheap ice cream. On the way home Dawn (my neighbor) calls me and says "Jennifer from the MTC is in your driveway". I said, "What???" Jennifer was my companion in the MTC. She's from Provo, but her family now lives in Westerville, Ohio. It's been at least six years since I've seen her. They only spent an hour at our house, but it was so good to see her and catch up a little. It really brought back some fun, and interesting memories. Good times. Dendo suru aishiteimasu!

2 comments:

Colett's Corner said...

Amy I thought you were supose to be pregnant????? You look so good!!!! FUnny how things happen : )

Kim and company said...

I love the pulling together of events! How delightful to see a mission companion. I really AM astonished at how time flies! Who authorized that?