
My friend Sarah posted about their car troubles, and she did a great job of putting life into perspective. The grass really isn't all that green on the other side.
Mark was sure that by now, somehow, we would have been able to get a newer, bigger vehicle. But, here we are still driving the 1994 Montero that has over 250,000 miles and makes some very interesting sounds, letting the neighbors in on our coming and going. Adding another child to our family in about a month will be cause for more excitement, seeing as we can't fit another child into the Montero. I was contemplating tying Drue's car seat to the roof, but then I thought better of it and decided on tying Devin to the roof instead :) Only kidding. Mark is especially peeved because we have to register the Montero THIS WEEK, and he doesn't think the tires will pass inspection, which will mean throwing money we don't have into a car that will no longer fit our family. Kinda frustrating.
But...here's the part that I learned, and am still learning. At least we have a car to drive. I could be one of the moms I see every once in awhile, walking down the sidewalk on 1700 West with two kids in strollers and three tagging along behind, all holding grocery bags and going who knows how far down the road to their dumpy apartment and their gang banger neighbors. I live in a house I love with neighbors I love and a car I am trying desperately to love-a husband I love and kids I adore. I have it good. And anyway, how often do we all pile into one car.....once or twice a week? We can handle this! :)
P.S. The photo is NOT our Montero....just in case you couldn't tell.
4 comments:
Ah yes. Cars. Bane of my existance. We always seem to end up getting new ones in emergency situations. Our current car will be slowly (or no so slowly) dying and we feel the need to turn it in while we can still drive it onto the lot. Now we have two cars that we LOVE, but we are paying for them, which stinks. Good luck in your search!
Oh how I love that there is strength in numbers!! Hold on to that Montero....it is a nasty world out there on the price of Used Cars! I realized it doesn't matter what it looks like or if the locks make noise when you push a button....what matters is a new car "Payment!" I hate that we will have one of those now....but what do you do? Can't borrow Daddy's car for too much longer....already going on 2 weeks! Good luck my friend....hope it gets you through for as long as possible....you're going to be making "Car Payments" on bows, tights, dresses, shoes to match every outfit, bracelets, the perfect Sweaters, the cutest dolly's/barbies.....etc, for that new little Drue!! And that is much more fun and rewarding than a car payment!! :)
Ah, the Montero. You're right- usually you don't have to all pile in at once. Here's a thought-- tie MARK to the roof! :)
I wish I were rich and could buy you that Sequoia...but alas, I am not. But we can dream, can't we?
I'd have more peace and quiet on the roof.
Mark
Post a Comment