Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Day


Today was a happy day in more ways than one. Mark turned 36 today....oops, should I mention his age?? He IS getting old :) On Thursday night I was at the hospital feeding Drue when I texted him to ask him if he wanted to go out to a movie on Friday night for his birthday. He texted back and said that he had forgotten all about his birthday!! We have been just a little busy this week. But, we did go out, and today he opened presents and his parents took us out for lunch. At 4:30 I went up to the hospital to feed Drue and the Neonatologist asked me if I was ready to take her home!! I was so excited! I called Mark and my mom went over to watch the boys so Mark could bring the car seat up and get us. It is so good to have her home! The boys love her so much, and I feel like things are finally complete. It stinks to go through labor and birth and all that, and not come home with a baby.
For those of you who haven't heard the story.. Drue was born on Tuesday Nov. 17. She weighed 8lbs 9oz and every thing went well. Mark and I had her in the room for about an hour before the nursery came to get her. Later they had Mark go back and give her a bath. Right after her bath she started turning blue. They put her on oxygen and took her to the NICU for observation. X-rays of her lungs looked pretty bad, but they didn't know if it was an infection or fluid she had aspirated during birth. They admitted her to the NICU and ended up putting her on antibiotics just to be safe. After two doses she was off of oxygen and doing much better. Now she just needs the bili lights-which is why she has white circles on the sides of her head, they keep the little sunglasses on.
So, Mark didn't just get Pumas and a Dunder Mifflin t-shirt for his b-day, he got to bring his baby girl home! Happy Day!!

10 comments:

Carrie said...

Yay! I'm so glad she's home! She is soooooo cute. Looks a lot like her brothers, but there's a BOW in her hair! I can't wait to hold her. Good luck on your first night at home with lil' Rue-Rue ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' the pink! She is so stinkin' cute! So happy for you to have your little girl. Lots of mommy daughter dates in our futures...I also cannot wait to hold her!

Stacie said...

We're so excited to see her in person! We are very sick at our house so we will stay away until we're better!

Shell said...

I am so glad she is home. That is scary to have to go through all that right after she is born. She looks a lot like your boys but more girly. Girls are so fun.

Sarah said...

Amy - She is Beautiful! Enjoy it, Enjoy it, Enjoy it! There is just something about a little girl! :) Congrats! Glad all went well and that she is home where she belongs!

RyanandSheree said...

Congrats Amy!! Glad that she is now home and things are complete. I have been waiting to see pictures and she is so cute! :) Enjoy having a girl and I'll continue to patiently wait for mine!

Megan said...

So glad she is home now! I love all the pictures of your boys holding her! How precious! :)

Colett's Corner said...

What a beautiful gift. Congrats and HAPPY DAY!

Haley said...

I want to see her! She'll be 7 months by the time that happens :( All the boys look pretty proud of their little sister. She is never going to date.

Kim and company said...

Congrats Amy and Family! What a keeper---glad she got over that first scare!!! Much love from our neck of the woods! (Um er desert I mean)