
I'm not sure if it's the postpartum emotional roller coaster I'm on..or if the Lord is making sure I realize all I have been blessed with this Christmastime, but I have definitely been more emotional than usual the past few days. I have always loved Christmas..everything from the shopping to our traditional manger scene reenactment. But, for some reason, this Christmastime I feel especially close to my Savior and my heart feels like it may literally burst because of all I have to be grateful for. It seemed to start last Saturday when I was sitting in the car at Syracuse High, feeding Drue and watching Mark and the boys sled down the hill behind the football field. Despite the sign that read "No sledding, tubing, or snowboarding on school property", there were at least 50 people there enjoying the snow. I happened to be listening to The Forgotten Carols, and as one of the last songs played-a song I don't remember hearing before-I started bawling...the chorus went like this:
"All I ever wanted, all I ever dreamed of, everything I hoped, and all the things I prayed for, couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given, I've been given what I need."
Then last night we had our annual Christmas Family Home Evening where we each write down a gift we want to give the Savior this year. We read the book "This is the Season, Beloved of the Year", wrote down our gifts, sang carols, and bore our testimonies. Despite the expected moments of teasing, laughing, and general lack of reverence, the spirit was there, and I was so impressed by the quotes by prophets and apostles found in "This is the Season", there were so many I wanted to include in this post...but I picked my favorite-the one by Neal A. Maxwell. I know we all have a personal plan, and that God is not only aware of each of us, he is deeply interested in what happens in our lives and loves us beyond any love we can comprehend. I feel so much joy this year, not because we have a perfect life, or because we will be able to buy our kids what they want for Christmas, but because I know God lives and that he sent his son to earth to live and die for us. There is nothing in the world that means more to me.

Merry Christmas!!
4 comments:
Awesome post Amy! Thanks for the reminder! Loved the Neil A. Maxwell quote! Merry Christmas!
I couldn't agree more, and now I'm bawling. :)
You said it, sister! I feel the same way...very very blessed. Especially to have such an awesome family!!
Well that was beautiful! And so is your family. A terrific husband and 5 awesome, healthy, happy (usually) kids - that's a bucketful of blessings!
Post a Comment