Monday, January 25, 2010

Check In

K- so I said every Monday I would check in with how I am doing on my fitness goals. So far, so good. I only gave into temptation twice last week. I ate A cookie one day, and then on Saturday Mark's Dad made me a cake for my birthday, so I couldn't refuse a piece now could I? I worked out four days-skipped my birthday-so, I think I did okay. There is a little room for improvement, but hey, not bad. I have decided that I will only weigh myself once a month, because the number isn't really what I care about, it's the way my clothes fit and how I feel that matters to me. Besides, like Mark says, getting on the scale every week can make all that working out and feeling good go right out the window just because you don't see the number you hoped you'd see. I need motivation people...no downers!!!

I have a major head cold this week...but, I worked out today. Wish me luck for the rest of the week!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like a great first week to me! Four out of five days working out is pretty darn good. And even the extra cookie and piece of cake isn't too bad at all. Babysteps, you know?

I unfortuneately taught my kids about Crispix puppy chow today. I cautioned them not to eat too much or they would be sick. They listened to my good advice. I did not.

I'll be trying to run that off in the morning. :)

Megan said...

I see no problem with eating a bit of cake on your own birthday! I agree that weighing yourself too often can be discouraging! Keep up the good work. I will be joining your ranks soon..... :)

Colett's Corner said...

Way to go Amy. I am so proud of you. Keep it up. The scale calls at me all the time and then depresses me. It's sooooo mean!