Thursday, June 17, 2010

What I Know

I don't know all the whys, but that doesn't matter. What I do know is that I have an amazing sister, and an amazing brother-in-law who for some completely awe-inspiring reason agreed to go through an agonizing trial in order to teach me, and I think lots of other people, an amazing lesson. About life, about love, about death. About knowing that this life is but a mere moment, that every single second of every single day should be filled with prayer, with service, with gratitude, with praises to God for the blessing of a mere moment in mortality with people who make earth life, and eternity, worth every struggle, every heartache, every disappointment. Moving from this life to another is difficult for those of us who are left here to continue on without those we love so much. Yet, I think they will be having joyous reunions with parents, siblings, grandparents, children, and waiting but mere moments for us to join them there.

Thank you, Travis, Mandy, Gavin, Cooper, Skyla, and Reese. I LOVE YOU!!!

8 comments:

Down in the Sun said...

I read Mandy's blog and wonder how on earth she is so strong. I too have learned much from her though I am sure that she does not even know it. Her and T are so amazing! I pray every day for them and their kids. You are also such an amazing sister and I know that Mandy needs you guys more than ever!

Shan said...

Your sister and her family are amazing to go through such a long and agonizing trial. I read her blog and wow..that is all I can say. I am touched and pray that your whole family can have peace and comfort. It is amazing how many lives her family has touched. A complete stranger..and so many are following. Blogs are amazing for that reason.

Stacie said...

Well said Amy. You know how to put so many lessons feelings and words down together. Love you.

Colett's Corner said...

You are on my mind Amy. I pray all of you may have peace at such a hard time. I know the Lord is with all of you especially Travis and his family.

RyanandSheree said...

Amy, my heart aches for your family, especially your sister. I finally got to meet her at the NHS barbecue and was so amazed at her strength. T looked so good too and its crazy to think how downhill its gone. He received a standing ovation at the end of year assembly when they crowned him a true knight even though he wasn't there. I'm a better person because I know you. Please let me know how I can help you, babysitting, meals, treats, etc.

Carrie said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. In fact, I really can't. I've been wanting to post something on my blog, but can't even get it together enough to do it!
Travis, Mandy and the kids are an amazing family. So glad they're part of OUR family!

Colett's Corner said...

May the Lord bless all of you with peace and comfort. I am so sorry.

Kristin said...

Well said. Very well said.