Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's a girl thang


Drue is such a girl...and it is sooo fun! It's true, after having a few boys it's amazing how new and different everything "girl" is. For a while there Drue insisted on wearing this tutu with every outfit. First thing in the morning she would point to her closet and say "no" until I grabbed the tutu, then she would smile and nod her curly little head. Not sure why she insisted on the winter hat and sweater to compete the ensemble, but, we went with it.

The girl LOVES having her hair done. I'll say, "Should we go put pretties in your hair?" and she gets all excited. Maybe she just likes playing in the water while I do it...but, hey, at least she's letting me! The other night she insisted that I put EVERY clippie in her hair at once. It was a nice look...:)

My favorite look right now has to be the piggy tails. Just looking at her with those piggies makes me happy! She even lets me put flower clips in them and won't take them out...unless we're in the car for a long period of time. The other day she shocked me by letting me paint her toenails AND her fingernails!! It's a girl thang!! :) So fun!

5 comments:

Stacie said...

That's so cute! Millie likes the nail polish stuff but is not that much into the tutu's. I'm loving Drue's piggies too!

Colett's Corner said...

She is so Darling Amy! Enjoy every minute!

Mamma K. said...

Then there's the way she goes right for my purse to see what goodies she can sneak away with before I notice...
I love my Droobie-Doo!

Anonymous said...

Love her! She's getting so big! I think it's a time for a mommy-daughter date- lunch & Claire's! :)

Carrie said...

Aw, Drubie is so so sweet! I'm glad you get to experience the girl stuff. And FYI- she'll probably only get MORE picky with her clothes as time goes on...heaven knows mine did! Eeek!
Oh- and I'm LOVIN' those curly pig-tails too ;)