Monday, August 22, 2011

CHS Class of 1991



Last weekend was my 20 year high school reunion. Twenty years. Just the sound of that is wrong. I clearly remember attending my 10 year, 7 months pregnant with Sam, saying "I wonder what things will be like at our 20th reunion. How many kids will we have, what will we be doing?" And here we are twenty years since I graduated.

I was asked to head up the Facebook side of the reunion, which was fun. I just set up a page about the reunion and tried to get in contact with as many people from our class as possible. It's amazing how hard it can be to find people after two decades. I felt bad that some people didn't know about it, but we tried.


On Friday night we had a casual get together at the bowery in front of Clearfield Aquatic Center. There were about sixty people there, and it was really fun to walk around and get reacquainted with people. The best part was seeing two great friends, James Casper, and J. Bates who now live in other states.Having James, Dana, J. and I together brought back lots of memories. We had some good times in high school.

On Saturday night we had dinner at Maddox in Perry. There were about 150 people there. The food was awesome, and again, it was so great to see so many people we hadn't seen in years. Mark and I met in high school, so we had a lot of the same friends, which makes reunions nice for both of us. There were five cheerleaders from our class there...we were missing three. None of us really look much like we did...no big, curly hair...:)

Our Senior Class Pres. decided she had had enough of planning class reunions-who can blame her-so she asked if anyone wanted to volunteer to plan our 30 year. After silence, she asked if anyone would like to nominate someone. My best friend Dana looked across the table at me and I could see it coming. I said, "Fine, but we're in this together." So, guess who's in charge for 2021???? Seriously?? Please tell me the next 10 years aren't going to go as fast as the last ten years! Devin will be home from a mission, Sam will be on a mission, Ty will nearly be driving and dating, Noah will be 13, and Drue will be 11!!! Not to mention I will be nearly 50! Wo. Now THAT is crazy to think about.

4 comments:

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Gosh!! Someone there had bigger hair than you!!!!! But you're lookin mighty fine for 20 years out!!!

Carrie said...

Oh, my! Already thinking about 2021, huh? That is a weird thought. Glad you had fun. And I must say, those shots of the boof are crazy!! That was some SERIOUS hair!

Mamma K. said...

Dana definitely wins the prize for Best Hair 1991. Had you beat by a few inches!

Colett's Corner said...

Big hair is GREAT!!!! I'm glad you had fun...too bad we were in Yellowstone. I thought we all skipped a few grades along the way.....50...can't be.