Friday, December 16, 2011

Happy 16 years on the 16th!


Happy Anniversary to us!! Sixteen years ago today on a frigid, sunny morning Mark and I were married in the Bountiful Temple. These days we wonder what the heck we were thinking getting married in December, but then we remember that I was in school and it was Winter break. Still. December!!! But, we actually started dating in December, five years before we got married, so it makes December super special! :)

To celebrate we're going to see Eclipse's Christmas concert tomorrow night, and tonight we had Little Caesars Pizza and forced the kids to watch our wedding video. :) Actually, they liked it. It brought back lots of great feelings and memories. It is amazing to think that there was actually a time when we didn't have five kiddos making life fun, crazy, and hectic.

I am so thankful that Mark and I made it through high school, missions, college, and that we're together to make it through kids and all that has come and is yet to come!! Mark is such an amazing husband and father. He takes me out every Friday, he spends time with our kids and takes a genuine interest in each of them and what they think and need. He works so hard and is so good at what he does, I hope someday he is recognized and rewarded for it. He is one of the kindest, most loyal and honest people I know. I feel so very blessed to have him in my life.
Happy 16 to us!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm a little slow keeping up on my reading, but I think you two make a terrific team and have helped created some GREAT grandkids -- and I'm always totally objective.

Mamma K. said...

Ditto the above. Nothing showed up on googlereader, so I didn't know you had posted this! You guys are exceptional!

Colett's Corner said...

Great couples make great FAMILIES. Congrats to you both.

Carrie said...

Man, I haven't checked up on blogs for a while!
Happy Anniversary, you two! You guys are a perfect match(a match made in heaven, of course!)and a great team. You have some great kids that are smart and talented, not to mention cute!
I can't believe I was barely 14 when you guys got married...I'm gettin' old!