Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Take this Job and Shove it
Remember that oldie but goodie? "Take this job and shove it, I aint workin' here no more..." Well, last night I was officially fired from making dinner. Devin and Sam were so disgusted with the yummy pasta salad I had made, you guys know the one, chicken, caesar dressing, tomatoes...that Sam said, "Mom, you are fired from making dinner!" I rarely make anything Sam likes. Devin is a little easier to please, but not much. So, I end up making dinner for Mark and I. Why bother! I should feel bad about being fired, but I'm going to run with it. We'll see how Sam likes it when he wants something to eat and I remind him that he fired me. Someday they'll be on their missions and yearn for Mom's home cooking....ya think? Now I know why Mom always answered the age old question "What are we having for dinner?" with Sh-- on a Shingle, or Crap. My favorite was desert, Air.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I wish my kids would fire me. They just complain, cry, and act like I am slowly poisoning them with the foods I give them. If there is a night that I know Brian won't be home for dinner I just give the kids cereal and I make something I know that I will like. Saves me having to dump a bunch of totally decent food down the garbage disposal.
MMMMM. Mom always did make the best air for dessert, didn't she?! And my favorite dinner was always "Crap on a stick". I seriously dread the days when Peyton whines about what I make for dinner. Right now it's all I can do to get her to take 2 bites of anything! I don't know how you moms with multiple kids do ANYthing. Maybe 1 and done is the right idea!!! :)
Hi amy! this is becky arnell. I love your blog and have visited a few times having been linked from mandy's. your boys are all so cute! I think your oldest looks just like Mark! anyway, I also wanted to say my mom always said she was making Poison for dinner. I use that answer myself these days!
It is so funny that most of us moms go through the exact same things and you don't even think about it. I refuse to answer when my kids ask what is for dinner because they begin the whining right when the words begin to come out of my mouth, usually without a thought to what I actually said. I could have said "ice cream" and they probably would have whined because they just know that anything I make for dinner is gross.
KIDS!!!
I remember dad used to not like me singing "Take This Job and Shove It." I guess I put a little too much emphasis on the "Shove" part or something. How lovely to be fired. If I don't get fired soon, I'm gonna go on strike anyway!
Amy, I can help you get your job back since I a picky eater like Devin and Sam. Your first problem is caesar dressing and your second is tomatoes. Go back to the basics, nuggets shaped as animals, mac and cheese,etc..... Avoid the weird foods and you will be fine.
It must be a sign that I don't do enough around the house if one of the kids haven't fired me yet. I do from time to time feel that some jobs are shove worthy; shoveling snow, laundry, mopping, and staining the deck just to name a few.
Post a Comment