Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No Sweets, Day 3

I have NEVER made a pact to go without sweets, because frankly, it's self- torture, and not worth the agony! But, last Sunday night I foolishly gave in and made a pact with Mandy, Chris, Mark, and Carrie not to eat sweets, i.e. desserts, candy, etc. for eight weeks. We even did the Seinfeld pinkie swear!! Not only that, but we are training for the 5K and 10K at South Weber Days in August. I must report my progress because people, it is amazing!! On Tuesday I needed an afternoon pick-me-up so I got out the good 'ole Sam's Choice trail mix-peanuts, raisins, almonds, cashews, and M&M's....before you condemn me, I did not have ONE stinking M&M!! You know how you get a handful of that stuff and you can never seem to get an M&M? Well, this time I couldn't get a handful without one, so I promptly put them back in the bag. Aren't you impressed???? Last night was enrichment night and I had to make brownies, buy ice cream, hot fudge, caramel, and nuts. Do you think I had even one brownie crumb???? NO People! NO! So for what it's worth, I have gone THREE, count 'em, THREE whole days with out a treat. I deserve something for that-carrot stick, anyone?

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Yay Aim! I, too have done amazingly well with this. I think you and I are the biggest junk-food junkies in the family, so if we can do it, anyone can! You can't see this, but I'm giving you a high-five right now.

Amy Spalding said...

Aren't the m&m's just like the brown sugar on oatmeal? I was wondering why there were so many m&m's.
Mark

Becky A said...

I could never do that! I wanted to comment though and say I'll see you at the SW 5k, hopefully, unless I chicken out! or injure myself trying to train for such a feat! ugh!

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl! :)

Amy Spalding said...

Believe me, Becky, if I Carrie and I can do it, ANYONE can!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to BIG UP your dedication, as well as Carrie, Mandy, Stacie, and Mark. ONE DAY AT A TIME as dad would say. ONE DAY AT A TIME.
Chris

Stacie said...

Nice work! And thanks for the tips on shin splints. Using the rolling pin before and ice after seems to really be helping.