Monday, June 9, 2008

Piano Man

Devin had his piano recital on Saturday. He did a great job, and even though he gives me major problems when it comes to practicing, I think he enjoyed himself. He had told me that he wanted to quit after the recital, but when it was all said and done he said he would keep taking lessons. I'm tellin' ya, not only is it a wonderful thing to know how to do, but not many boys play these days, and there is something about a piano man :)...I think he'll be glad when he's 17 and the girls are impressed with his skills. Admit it girls, you always had something for the guys who could play a musical instrument, and we're NOT talking the tooting that follows a big meal-Chris, Mark, KC and Travis :) Funny how none of us married the muscial types, oh well. Mark does play a little guitar...and I know Michael plays piano-I remember Mom was very impressed by that!! Here is the video, for some reason my camera shut off a few seconds before he finished, but he ended as great as he started! Way to go Dev!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

The video wasn't working, but I'm sure it sounded great! Way to go, Dev! Keep it up, the chicks WILL dig it.

Jamie said...

Good job, Devin! It sounded great! Leevi is taking lessons also and is getting pretty good. He also fights me on practicing everyday. Any tricks you use to get Devin to practice? We're in need of some suggestions!

Thanks,
Jamie Reber

Shell Bell said...

First of all, I am so excited that I found your blog. I enjoyed every minute I spent reading it. Secondly, WOW what a well rounded young man you are raising, piano, triathalons, baseball... I sound surprised but I'm not. What else would I expect from his amazing mom? You are doing a great job. I am sure Mark has a little something to do with it as well.

Your friend,
Michelle Arnell Anderson

Amy Spalding said...

Michelle!!! It was so good to hear from you!! I got on your blog, but couldn't figure out how to leave a comment that you would see..maybe I'll just comment on the latest entry-I think it's Regi's. Anyway, I always have great intentions of calling you up and getting together...so much for the action part. I WILL do it though, just watch.

Stacie said...

Nice job Devin!