Saturday, July 19, 2008

Memories...

"The difference between false memories and true ones is the same as for jewels: It is always the false ones that look the most real, the most brilliant"- Salvador DaliLet's see what can be conjured up. :) Here are the rules:1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember! If we're only blogging friends, write about a post that is most memorable. If you don't have a blog and don't know how to sign in, please comment as anonymous.2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It is pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll be sure to write one about you...either on your blog, in my comment box, or I will email you back!3. If the memory happens to involve my husband, please include him!4. If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all (Only nice false memories, please). :) Okay, let's see what you've got!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I've just been WAITING for you to get this post up! HMMMMM. Where to begin. I don't remember this, cause I was too little, but I've seen pictures. You used to think I was your child, and carry me around everywhere. I remember going to watch you cheer MANY MANY times. Nobody could do the Seahawk school song quite like you. I remember going to CHS and watching you in assemblies, and thinking, "Amy is SOOOOO cool and popular!" I remember when Haley and I came and stayed with you at USU and you took us to get Aggie Ice Cream. (MMMMMM, ice cream sounds real good right now) I remember you and Mark taking Haley and I to Stimpsons to get treats then taking us to Layton Park. I remember sitting at the dinner table when you announced that you wanted to go on a mission, and Mom and Dad being kind of shocked. I remember loving to get your letters and hear all your mission stories. I remember being at the airport when you came home and Mark was waiting in the wings for you with all those roses, and hoping and praying that you guys would get married :) And Mark: I remember the Christmas you made Haley and I that easel with the dry-erase board on one side and the chalk board on the other..that was SOOOO cool. I also remember the Christmas you got Amy like 15 presents. They were all stacked up like the leaning tower of Pisa!!! I was thinking, "I need a boyfriend like THAT!!" :)

Amy Spalding said...

Boy, you remember more of my life then I do!!! :) Good times!

KC said...

You are always the one I can count on to fall for one of my stupid jokes, even when it wasn't me. Like the one time you tried to call my cell phone and dialed the wrong #, but didn't believe it when the guy told you he wasn't KC. You have always been fun to be around and have a great personality. I remember when I took Carrie to our first dance and you had to put on the boutonniere. That was a special moment wasn't it?

Haley said...

The reason I always wanted to go to USU was because I knew you loved it there so much. When Carrie and I went and stayed the night with I had my mind made up on where I was going to go to college. When you were on you mission I was sooo proud to be your sister. I remember Mark timing me while I ran across our's and Morse's yard. I really don't think I was that fast, but he made me think I was like lightening! He was always supporting my track efforts. Other memories include your first years of marriage and going to your first apt in Syracuse, your spider infested one in Sunset, and watching your house get built. Oh and back-trying every halloween I would try to fit into your old cheerleading skirt, and I couldn't even get it over my chubby 10 year old thighs!!

Anonymous said...

Let's try this again. I was halfway through a loooong post and my computer turned off?! So...
Amy. I do remember you reading to me on the bunk beds, whilst you chewed gum and I actually thought it sounded cool. Eeew. Remember singing "Turn on Your Heart Light" and judging each other? you were alway so nurturing and wanted to protect me and take care of me, even though I teased you and tormented you when we were little. I remember sharing clothes (sometimes w/o asking and trying to avoid seeing you at school). I remember knowing I would always be "somebody" in Jr. High because my big sis was there and she was the BOMB! I remember getting lost at CHS my first day and lo and behold there you were coming down the hall just in the nick of time in your CHS cheerleading outfit and puffy hair to direct me onward to C Hall. Even though we were so different in our interests and personalities, I knew you were always proud of what I was doing, and I was always so proud of you! I remember wishing I had to guts to try some of the styles you tried. Good for laughs now! I'm sure we all remember your cheering around the house, clap, clap, slap, hop, toe touch, chant- everywhere you went. We'd have to watch our eyeballs to get around you and avoid being injured in the process. I remember staying up late talking, we'd get laughing so hard then laughing at how we were laughing, then crying from laughing so hard. Of course there's the sternum story that's always good for a laugh. You've always been such a great sister and such a great best friend!

Mark- I remember all of my friends lusting over you and wanting to know what you were like. To me you were the guy who really loved my sister and actually cared about me and what choices I made. I remember you giving me rides home in the Black Rabbit with Boyz II Men or somethin' of the sort blaring on those large speakers. And of course the talks about Amy and how if she didn't marry you when she got home from her mission you would run away and become a hermit... Glad that didn't happen.

Anonymous said...

Correction Mandy... we prefer to call it the scrotum story not the sternum story. It gives it the full humorous effect.

This is easy with Mark. The first time he came over, I accidentally flushed a toilot paper roll and flooded the downstairs bathroom. Mark was nice enough to help me clean it up. I also remember him getting me one of those seminary dog tags when I was in 7th grade. I felt cool.

What I remember of Amy most was after she left for USU. I remember taking Amy to the MTC. The ride home was tough. I could not believe how long 18 months was. I was positive I would never see her again. Those were strange feelings because I realized I cared. Not that I didn't care before, but Amy was always doing her thing, and I mine.