Saturday, July 19, 2008

One Last Hurrah

We were invited to go boating at Pine View with some friends in our ward last night. There were five families all together, three of them have boats...I told ya, we live in the ghetto of the Hansen Meadows Ward!! We DON'T have a boat OR a half a million dollar home...oh, well...we like it that way. Okay, back to the topic. Our boys had never been out on a boat before, Devin had complained all day saying that he was afraid of getting on a boat and that he wouldn't get on the boat...but, when it came right down to it, they all got on the boat. Mark tried to Slalom, but couldn't get up. Then he tried skiing and got up. It was fun to watch, NO I didn't even attempt it. I haven't skied since my Aunt Joe and Uncle Bob used to take us out when I was a teenager. Then Sam wanted to try. They had kids skis so he got in the water with Marci (one of our friends) and she helped him get the skis on. He tried once and biffed hard, and he wouldn't try again. He was really upset. I think he thought he would just get up right off. Then, surprise, surprise, Devin said he wanted to try. (Just between us, I don't think Devin would have tried if it weren't for Sam going first). He tried five times before he got up, and he just wouldn't give up. It was awesome. Devin is our cautious child, so it was fun to see him do something so daring. Ty loved riding in the boat and he got to hold the flag when the skiers fell down. He didn't like to see Mark, Devin, and Sam fall though. He would scream and get this concerned look on his face. It was so cute! After that we played on the beach and then went back to camp and ate dinner, roasted marshmallows and all that. It was a great time. All the other families spent the night, but we aren't quite up to camping with Noah, yet. It was a great last fling before school starts.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks fun! I wish I knew someone with a boat. We live on the wrong side of the tracks here in S.W. for that!

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Glad you have friends that will pay for gas for their boat!!!
Tried to figure out who your boys look like-----but you and Mark look so much alike, the boys just BELONG......good looking family!!! Enjoy the boys and don't worry about having a girl!! When Mindy was born Danny said "You just ruined our all boy family" but then he took her for show and tell:)