Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY HEART DAY!

To all of ya'll out there, Happy Valentine's Day!!!! Hope you feel loved all day long! It was fun to have Valentine's Day on a Saturday this year. Much more laid back. The kids had their school parties yesterday and brought home all the traditional candy hearts and heart shaped suckers. This morning I made biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, and bacon for breakfast, complete with the Valentine napkins and paper cups-oh, and can't forget Mark's favorite, the shiny heart confetti :). I also had a cute valentine bag for everyone filled with some of their favorite treats, and a card from me. It has been a tradition since Devin was a baby for me to make a personalized valentine for each kid with their name on the front and a special letter from mom inside. It's amazing how much the boys love that..almost as much as the candy. Almost :) We got some movie theatre popcorn and a couple movies from Blockbuster, and we're chilln' the rest of the day. On Monday I am "making" Mark take me to see Twilight at Kaysville Theater. I've seen it once, and I loved it. I have since read the books (I'm on the fourth one now), and I've been telling Mark all about them, so I think he will be okay with the movie.

Hope you all know how wonderful you are, and that you're loved!!!

4 comments:

Mamma K. said...

Oh Amy - you are so festive. You put us all to shame! (Especially me!) Well I love you, even though I don't give you a bag of treats with a special note. Well some day maybe...

Kim and company said...

So cute...I love it! Happy Valentine's Day!

Colett's Corner said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your cute family!

Haley said...

I like that tradition! I may have to use that one day. Thanks for you card! You are very thoughtful!