Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter '09



Happy Easter All! We had a great day....especially since the Easter Bunny came on Friday night and we didn't have to tear the kids away from their Easter baskets to get to church by 9:00am!!! I have always wanted to do the bunny thing on Saturday, but this was the first year we did, and I really liked it. But, first things first...on Wednesday we dyed eggs, on Friday we had an Easter Egg Hunt and dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Keime's house, and on Sunday we had dinner and ANOTHER egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Spalding's. Needless to day, we are candied out!

On Sunday morning I still wanted to do something to make the day special, so since I was subbing for the CTR 5 class, I did my lesson for the boys while they ate cinnamon rolls and had chocolate milk and OJ. It worked out perfect! I had the pictures of Jesus' death and resurrection and a glove to demonstrate the body and the spirit separating and reuniting again. It worked out pretty well, if I do say so myself. Except there always has to be a little kink in the works. Sam was upset that I had told that story AGAIN. Did I think he was stupid???? He already knew that story!!! Why did I have to tell him again????? Luckily by the time we got to church he had calmed down and we didn't have any more issues....at least not that I know of....I just hope he didn't ask his primary teacher if she thought he was stupid...

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the classic pose on the porch for the annual Easter picture. What strapping young lads you have!!
I think next year our bunny is coming on Saturday, too. There's something about doing it on Sunday that just seems wrong!

Megan said...

Your boys just make me smile and smile. Precious. Seth really likes them too. I think he'd rather live with you guys than at his house where there is nuthin' but sisters!! LOL! :)

Colett's Corner said...

You have such cute boys Amy. I KNOW your not STUPID : )

Kim and company said...

Hee Hee! Way to go mom, despite all your work, someone feels bad in the end! ;) Your boys are truly handsome! Happy Spring to you!

Amy Simms said...

What a fun blog! I feel like I haven't even seen your two littlest boys and they are so cute. What a great idea to have the Easter bunny come on Friday night. We just might try that next year.