
I am proud to say that I was the first to make my Mom a Mom! And I'm sure she'll love me for posting this picture! :) I thought I would take a minute and write some of my favorite memories of her, and some of my favorite things she says:
* "Time is but the stream I go a fishing in"
* "I'm bilious"
* "Kookamunga"
* "I'm gonna crack your heads together!"
* "Vegie dujour"
* "What's for dinner? Crap."
* "Whats for dessert? Air."
* My friends in high school called her Snow White because she has black hair and she is always kind.
* When I had friends sleep over she would always get us our favorites: Skittles, Cool Ranch Doritos, Red licorice, and M&M's.
* She loves nature and would always take us on hikes. She even went on several three or four day back-packing trips with us when we were in Young Women.
* She built the best tubing hills in our front yard.
* She would wake us up to watch cool lightning storms.
* She supported us in everything we wanted to do; cheerleading, dance, basketball, baseball, football,volleyball,flute, piano, violin, soccer, clogging, voice...
* She is very creative and has written poems for many people and for many occasions.
* She played the trumpet in the BYU Marching Band and she used to wake us up with the Bugler's Call-(is that what it's called?)
* She had five kids, even though at one point she didn't want to have kids and wanted to become an archeologist.
* She has tried every diet known to man and made us try some disgusting things growing up...:)
* She is a work-aholic and always wants to do her very best.
* She and Devin were really into bird watching for a few years and she would take him places to see bald eagles and different kids of birds. She also bought him some binoculars.
* There are a million other things I could mention...
* I love you Mom!!! You're the best!!!
I can't forget Mark's Mom...who is also my Mom! This pic was high school graduation.

I am so grateful for Karma. She is such a kind and wonderful mother-in-law and grandma! My boys absolutely adore her and get so excited when they get to go to her house for "Arby's Night" or "Pizza Night".
Ever since Mark and I started dating I have always enjoyed going to their house and talking with Karma. She always has fun and interesting things to talk about, and she always listens to what others have to say. I am her only daughter-in-law, and she is so kind to me, and always brags about me-and even though it's lies, I appreciate that she loves me and is proud of me.
Happy Mother's Day to the two best moms on the face of the earth!!!
6 comments:
That is a fun picture! Your mom looks just like Haley there. And you look like Sam's baby pictures.
And I think your mom looks just like MY mom there, so Haley must look like my mom. Hmmmmm.
What was up with that hairdo???
Well I guess Patti and My mom and me must all look the same! I cool with that. And Mom I think your hairdo is quite a fine hairdo.
How lucky you are to have TWO cute moms.
Thank you Amy! That was a lovely thing to say about me! I love you so much and always will. Karma
Post a Comment