Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Gig

So, I have been looking around for some small writing jobs I can do-you know, to earn a *little* money and keep up on my "skills". I came across examiner.com a few weeks ago. It's a national website that divides itself up into over 100 cities across the country. I decided to apply for a Salt Lake City Examiner job as an SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder) & Parenting Examiner. I had to submit some sample articles, and last week they contacted me and want me to write for them! I write 3-4 articles a week, and each article is between 200-500 words. I research topics and write about my own experiences as well. So far I've published two articles-they just got me on the site today. I get a small amount of money, and the more people who read my articles, the more I get paid.So far I've made 10 cents!! Yeehaw!! So-yes, I am asking all of you to support me and log on to examiner.com everyday!! :) If you go to www.examiner.com and enter Salt Lake City (it may automatically come up as SLC), then go to the tab called family & home, then to Parenting & Family, you can then scroll through the articles. The ones by SPD & Parenting Examiner are mine!! Thanks in advance for your support!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I have to admit I'm sweating bullets just thinking about having to write on a specific topic and then people actually reading it. Good on ya!

Mamma K. said...

Very cool! I like your articles! I couldn't find them until I typed in Salt Lake City SPD examiner. So you can write about whatever and just tie it in to SPD? Sounds like fun. You'll probably learn a lot.

Haley said...

I will be a dedicated reader! I just searched for your name and found the articles.

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Now we can say we know a published writer!!! And thanks for the tip--we're working with someone that wants to write so I will get her to that site!!

Stacie said...

Nice job! That sounds really neat. I'll go search you out.

Megan said...

Good for you! I will check it out! You are one amazing girl! :)

Carrie said...

Very nice work! It's weird to see your picture there. It's like, "Hey! That's my sister!"
I'll tell ALL my friends.
That should get you another like, 10 cents.

Karla and Mike said...

OK, add another 10 cents to your paycheck! I just read your articles. If I can be of any help to you, just ask. I have a lot of resources on sensory topics, and I work with many kids with SPD.
Karla

Colett's Corner said...

Consider me on board. Way to go Amy!