Yesterday at about 5:30 I was making dinner and I started to feel some cramping. I thought it was no big deal, until it kept coming and going. Finally I got Mark's stop watch and started timing them-the contractions were 6-7 minutes apart! I called my Mom, but she was still at work. Told my dad to have her call me, then about 10 minutes later she shows up at our house! I thought she had talked to my Dad, but she had no idea what was going on. She ended up staying the night with the boys while Mark and I went to the hospital. They hooked me up to all the monitors and put me on medication to stop the contractions. It took about three hours for the medicine to kick in, and the contractions were still 8 minutes apart. But, luckily I wasn't dilating at all. Mark went home at about 2am and then came back to get me at 5:30am. My mom was meeting my aunt and they were flying to California this morning to help out my Grandma and Grandpa, so the timing was perfect.
I am *supposed* to stay "down" as much as possible...like that's possible...but Mark took today off and probably tomorrow-which has been sooooo helpful! He is a great Dad and husband! We are both so glad that Drue didn't decide to come last night. We are so not ready! Now at least we know we need to get ready, and hopefully she'll stay where she is for at least another couple of weeks.
5 comments:
Eeeek! That was a close call! At least Drue realized that she needs to stay put until AFTER the baby shower. Gotta get some cute new outfits! Hope your feeling okay and letting Mark do all the dirty work!! ;)
Uh yea. Stay put for as long as possible! Doctor's orders is an awesome excuse to watch all of those daytime soaps and eat bon-bons. Too bad 4 little boys don't cooperate too well with that, oh and that dang diabetes. Bon Bons aren't the best choice. Shoot.
Y'know, if she wants out, then you can't stop her!!! That girl thing,:). Seriously, you're OK timewise.......she'll be a much more manageable weight. But then you do have a baby shower.
Good luck with 'staying down.' When I was first reading this I was thinking 'how is she blogging right after having a baby?' But I guess she decided to wait a little longer. Our babies just wanted to hang out together a little longer.
Take care Amy! I'm thinking of you.
Post a Comment