Sunday, December 27, 2009

It was a Merry Christmas

We had a great Christmas. I always think the best part of Christmas is getting together with family. Mark and I are both blessed with awesome families that we enjoy spending time with.

The kids seemed to enjoy what they got from Santa. Devin got a Zune...in my day they were called Sony Walkmans and could only play tapes or the radio!! His can download music, movies, & TV shows!!! Hello. Never in my wildest dreams! When I see him with those earphones in it brings back lots of memories! Sam got an iCoaster. He has been asking for one for a couple years now. It is a big roller coaster for marbles and it comes with an MP3 hookup so you can listen to music as the marble does all kinds of cool tricks. Ty got a Glo-Doodle, and Noah got more trains and train tracks for his train table.

I have had more of a post-Christmas let down then I usually do...not sure why. But, I think a lady in our ward put it best-"Christmas is to the year what Sunday is to the week" There is just something special about re-focusing on the Savior and serving others that makes Christmas such a wonderful time. I really want to extend that into the next year.




1 comment:

Colett's Corner said...

I couldn't agree more about Christmas. There is just something special about the feeling. Your family is darling Amy. Looks like you had so much fun. Jeff and I are looking at a couple of houses out your way this week. I think our boys would have so much fun.