Fourteen years ago today Mark and I were married in the Bountiful Temple. It was the best day of my life...and the best decision I ever made! One of my favorite things is to sit in our front room after the kids are in bed and just talk with Mark. He is very honestly my very best friend. It makes me happy just to be with him.

Last night we were talking about how we first met and the first time we saw each other. It is so crazy to think about those good old CHS days and then realize where we are now! I'll be forever grateful for good friends who knew Mark and encouraged us to go out. We've shared just about every experience imaginable, including missions, college life, children...and more children :)

There are times when life gets to me...but it is so amazing to know that I have a partner and friend who is there to face it all with me. Heavenly Father must have known I would need someone patient (:)), strong, faithful, and funny to help me make it through.

There are lots of times when I feel like it's us against the world...us against the kids :)...us in it forever and always...and I'm so thankful. Words can't do justice how grateful I am for Mark. When Mark was in Jr. High his dad was in the Air Force. They wanted him to transfer to Germany, but he didn't want Mark and his sisters to have to leave their schools and friends, so he retired instead. It is crazy to think that if they would have moved, we would have never met. In fact, it is a little freaky how our paths have crossed...even before we were born! A few months ago Mark's mom discovered that she and my dad were in the same ward at BYU for a semester. It was the only semester Karma attended BYU! When Mark was in 9th grade and I was a sophomore, his Drama class came to the high school to watch a play I was in with my Drama class. During one song we had to pick a guy and a girl out of the audience to sing to...the girl who went out into the audience picked Mark and I stood right behind him, singing. My Mom got it all on tape. I had no idea who Mark was...and didn't for another two years!!

From high school, to five kids, a mortgage, and blasted student loans...We're weathering it all together. Sorry, ladies...but, they broke the mold...no one else like Mark! And just the fact that he'll still love me after posting such a sappy post, is evidence of what a great guy he really is. By the way...this song makes us laugh now, but it was one of the first songs we danced to...Christmas Dance 1990...so, it was "our" song...sorry if it makes you ill! :)

Happy Anniversary Mark! I Love your guts!!!
8 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Love seeing those old pix, brings back lots of memories. You two were meant for each other, that's for sure! Two of my very favorite people in the WHOLE world! Love ya!
Wow -- I had no idea your pre-marriage lives were so intertwined! Took ya long enough. ;) Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary love birds! You definitly are cute together. Mark looks just like Devin in the first picture!
You two are the perfect match. We are thankful every day for the wonderful spouses every one of our kids has been blessed with! Not to mention the terrific kids!
Ah, young love. Those pics crack me up! It's so weird to see you with long hair, Aim! I'm just forever grateful you didn't post any wedding pics with the whole fam... I was in a serious awkward stage. Oh wait-- still am.
Anywhoo, hope you guys had a great day. I can't imagine our family without Mark. Gotta love that guy. Can't believe I've known him since I was 9...that's just plain weird!
Happy Anniversary! I can't imagine either of you without each other..if that makes sense. 14 years. WOW!
Happy Anniversary! I am so glad you included your blog on your Christmas card. I can maybe keep up with you that way since we are so crazy busy and we haven't gotten together (which we need to do!).. Well, your baby is darling and your kids are all getting so big and they are so handsome! Hope you guys have a really Merry Christmas! You guys are a great couple!! Email me at shannalee.penland@imail.org and I'll add you to our blog. Have a good holiday!
Congrats Amy. WHo would have imagined your life would be like this when the two of you met. You have such a darling family. May you have many more years of happiness together.
Post a Comment