Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Boy and His Dream

Ever since I met Mark (November, 1990), he has wanted to be an Olympian. He did the Decathlon in high school, and he loved the 100 meters and the 4X4 relay. He was good, too. For years (about seven-before and after the mish) we spent time at the track perfecting his long jump, shot put, discus, and javelin...and sometimes I even questioned what he cared about more, getting to the Olympics or his big haired girlfriend who was keeping track of his times and distances.

Fast forward a few years: Married with babies, and the dream changes to doing an Ironman. Swimming three times a week, running three times a week, throwing a 30+ mile bike ride in there a few times. Several Olympic distance triathlons down, a marathon down...and the dream continues.....

Fast forward a few more years: Amy and Mark sitting on the couch watching Apollo Ono in the 2010 Winter Games. Mark turns to Amy and says "Call the Olympic Oval and set me up a time, I'm sure I can go to the Olympics in that! I just want to try it."
A Boy and His Dreams!

2 comments:

Colett's Corner said...

Dare to dream

Carrie said...

If anyone could do it...Mark could! 2014 in Russia...Mark hits the ice for his olympic debut! Can't wait!