Monday, April 19, 2010

Beacuse I'm a Mom

I can...
*undo any knot-no matter how tight
*choke down any veggie with a smile to prove how "good" they are
*talk on the phone, fold laundry, play with a child, and cook dinner-all at the same time
*hold in a laugh when Ty tells me that either butter comes from Butterflies or Butterflies come from butter
*re-live the horrors of times tables and pre-algebra
*whip up a mean mac & cheese
*beat Devin at Guitar Hero
*successfully complete 7 loads of laundry in one day
*name every meal my kids love, and hate
*eat an entire half gallon of ice cream
*see wrinkles in places I'm sure they weren't yesterday
*smile despite the increasing number of grey hairs
*lie and tell people that Black Stiletto is my natural color
*almost feel good about the tummy that even P90X can't flatten..at least not yet
*talk Sam out of a full on melt down because going to piano-or doing homework-or not being about to play with friends-or not being about to get on the computer-is more than he can handle.
*admit that I can't dress like a 20 something anymore
*love anyone
*admire every mom
*adore and respect my mom and sisters (stacie included :)

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I loved that post! REally, even before I saw my name at the bottom! I kept thinking -She is so great, talented, cute, and I love being able to relate to the accomplishment of talking a child down/out of a fit (as few and far between as I have that one).
I am so impressed with your P90X dedication. I didn't even last 30 minutes.
I adore your mom and sisters as well (which includes you:).

Carrie said...

Uh....Stace is way more adore-worthy than me, for sure!!!
I admire your ability to do all those things while talking on the phone- all I can do is half listen while I try to get Peyton whatever her highness is requesting, because as soon as I get on the phone she starts barking orders at me!

Colett's Corner said...

What a great post Amy. Makes all mom's feel better about themselves. Thank you.

Haley said...

Someday I will have all those things down. Still a newby. I have been lacking on the comments lately, because I usually only have one free hand. There is a talent I can work on!