Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mothers & Daughters

I listened to conference on the radio yesterday, and I LOVED the talk by Elder Ballard (I think it was Elder Ballard) on Mothers and Daughters. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing us with Drue. I must admit, though, when I found out she was a girl I realized how nervous I was to be the role model for a perfect little spirit from our Heavenly Father. With the boys I had always found comfort in the fact that they had Mark to look up to. With a dad like him they are sure to turn out great. But, now I had to face the fact that I would be the primary role model for this little girl, and I was scared! I'm still a little scared. But, I know if I do my best and teach Drue the gospel with my words and my actions, she will be just fine. I find myself noticing mothers and daughters more, too. I wonder how their relationships are, and if they talk and spend time together, and if they accept one another as beautiful, unique daughters of God. I hope I will always treat Drue that way. One thing that gives me confidence is the wonderful relationship I have with my Mom, and the excellent example she is to me.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I loved that talk too! Your post & pictures made me cry.

Colett's Corner said...

I agree Amy. You are a great mom and role model for that little girl.