I just have to say, Mark and I are so impressed with Mandy and Travis. Last night we all went over to visit and they are so full of optimism and faith, it is great to see and feel. We hope we can add to that...We've found some cool reading I wanted to share:
"At times we will learn first and be tried later; at other times the Lord will try us first and then teach us from the trials. But in spite of the sequence, I pray that we will move forward with faith in and love for the Lord-even while not knowing beforehand what lies ahead. Later in life we'll be able to look back on the what of our lives and understand the why. If we have been true and faithful, these backward glances will reveal to us a clear path of progress toward perfection guided by an all-wise, patient, and loving Heavenly Father...Our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ love each one of us beyond our present capacity to comprehend." (Knowing, Doing, and Being by William H. Baker-BYU Speeches 2006-2007)
Definition of Faith from the Bible Dictionary:
To have faith is to have confidence in something or someone...Miracles do not produce faith but strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ...faith comes by righteousness, although miracles often confirm one's faith. Faith is a principle of action and of power, and by it one can command the elements and/or heal th sick, or influence any number of circumstances when occasion warrents...
We love you Mandy and Travis!!!
2 comments:
Thanks! You guys are awesome.
Hey Amy! I am liking your blog. It's fun to ready what's going on with everybody. Talk to you later.
Post a Comment