Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm okay

Hi, my name is Amy Spalding, and I'm okay. No this isn't the blog for junk food addicts, altough that would be a good one for me, I am just waxing philisophical after my 9pm fast walk at the good old Syracuse Community Center. This time Amanda and I talked about the fact that most of the things people do to look or feel "better" are really done to make others feel worse. The big homes, nice cars, hip clothes, etc...etc...Well, I've decided that when I drive Devin and Sam to school with my nerdy glasses on, my hair all wiggidy wack, my sleep wrinkles still set in, and I drive by someone who looks at me and thinks, 'wow, I look a lot better then she does', I've done some good! There are many areas in my life, ie. my messy house, the fact that I live in a very small home in comparison to the other homes in my neighborhood, my answering the door at 1pm while still in my PJs, and on, and on, where people can look at me and feel really good about themselves. And I'm good with that. I'm okay!!! If that's my calling in life, making people feel better, so be it :)

6 comments:

Paige said...

Hey, being okay must run in the family. I am also the pj clad mom in the dropoff line, with a car full of pj clad children. You are in good company. ;)

Melinda said...

May I join the clad with you and Paige? I am one of the only girls in my neighborhood who doesn't fuss when someone comes over to my messy house...or when they witness a crazy act from one of my kids...or when I want to eat a brownie at Enrichment Night. So this is a good way to look at it. It's not that I don't care, I'm just working to make everyone else feel better about themselves and their homes, their kids, and their caloric restraint. How kind of me :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you all. I sometimes think, in the back of my mind, that one day when I am driving my kids to school in the above mentioned condition, with no shoes on, if something were to happen like my car break down or some such, what would I do? That's why I always bring my cell phone. NEVER, I repeat NEVER exit the vehicle.

Carrie said...

I don't have to drive anyone to school yet...but I'm sure I'll be right there with you all! Luckily I rarely give a flying crap what anyone thinks of me anyway. I must get that from Al!! :)

Carrie said...

Oh- and Amy...I must be an idiot. I check your blog everyday, but never knew you had any new posts. I guess I saved it under the first post and it always took me to that page. I'm a little dense!!! Glad I figured it out finally! I'm enjoying everyone's blogs.

Kristin said...

You rock...I feel very okay today too...