Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shiny, Happy People

Have any of you Oprah fans seen her shows about "The Secret". Well, I haven't, but one of Mark's co-workers gave us the DVD to watch. It is very interesting-all about the power of positive thinking, and thinking your way to happiness and success. A lot of it is true, but I can see where people without the gospel, or without a testimony could drive it off into the ditch and come to believe that they can get what they need and want on their own, without help from God. Which I know to be untrue. But, it did get us thinking about keeping our thoughts positive, and I have to say, even though Mark went back to work this week and I have spent several nights up all night between working and Ty and Noah....I must say, I am fairly happy and shiny!! Maybe I just wanted an excuse to use this song...It brings back great early 9o's memories. Ah, the good 'ole days. Remember the B52s concert with Nathan Weldon???? That was a concert. Better than the Boys 2 Men, Bel Biv Divoe concert Mark and I went to with J. Bates and Jodie Stanger. They were not great in real life...I can't believe we liked that music so much. Best to stick with the Love Shack...that song, of course applies to our life, too....

3 comments:

Paige said...

I watched that DVD a while back and thought the same thing -- it is a "space filler" for those who don't have the gospel. And I think that people who are "happy" have more come to them because they are actively focused on a goal. And they aren't dwelling on the negative so much that they miss opportunities and alternatives. I laughed when the show the guy sitting in his chair focusing on his dream car. Like sitting on your butt and dreaming is going to land a Porche in your driveway. I've been dreaming of a housecleaner for years and Merry Maids still isn't here!!

Karla and Mike said...

I have been laughing out loud reading all your posts and the comments from your siblings. What I find hilarious is the comments about your mother's answers to the question, "What are we having for dinner?" Crap on a stick? Air for dessert? Since I happen to be your mother's sister, I can TOTALLY hear her saying that! Would she be mortified if she knew her wonderful, loving-mother responses to her children were on the web?
I am also getting a kick out of reading your young-parent woes. Believe me, when you are older, these things will be FUNNY! I can testify to that, because I am very amused, and SO happy to be reading about it and not living it anymore.
Press forward, and some day your kids will laugh at you for the stupid things you say to them!
Auntie Karla

GINGER said...

Hey Amy. I found your blog and wanted to say Hi. It has been forever since I have seen you or Mark, so this is really fun. Yeah, one more blogging friend.