We are having a very interesting week. On Friday we were on our way to SL when the Montero died, I mean seriously just stopped, in the middle of the road. Luckily, we had only gotten to the next street over and weren't stranded in downtown SLC. Anyway, Mark couldn't get it started, so he ran home, got the truck, and pulled it home. It still isn't running, although Mark's dad replaced a few things today and it did turn over. We're hoping it will last a few more months. Meanwhile, tomorrow is my last day of work. I have worked for Utah News Clips for almost seven years, and although I am very excited to have my weeknights free, it will be a transition. I have loved my job, and I know I will miss it, but I will no longer be telling the boys to be quiet while I work, or wait until I'm done working, or I can't because I'm working...that will be wonderful!!! And to top it all off, Mark will be graduating from the U with his Masters of Social Work this Thursday. We are beyond happy! He jokes that he should be able to collect retirement now because he has been in school for so long. Next stop, the LCSW exam....
It's a good thing we know this is just one stop on the way to a much better place. If we can make it here, we can make it anywhere :) Here's to crazy weeks and crazy lives!!
4 comments:
Yah! I didn't know you weren't going to work anymore. That'll be great! Way to go Mark for graduating! Who cares how long he was in school. He is on the younger side for a grad degree. Good luck on the test!
I'm so happy for you guys...about Mark graduating, NOT about the Montero. Hopefully you can find a new car soon. And do you think you'll still record the news and watch all of them even though you won't be working?? :)
Wow....When I first saw the title, I thought you were going to announce you are pregnant again. Sorry to hear about the vehicle situation, that always sucks! I think you should go the way of family Mopeds. That is what we are going to have to do now that gas cost's $12/gal. Think about it, you could get a little side car for Noah,
Oh and congrats Mark, you are my hero!
Post a Comment