Friday, June 6, 2008

He's Legal

Mark passed his licensing exam yesterday. We were very nervous because only 1 in 3 people pass the first time, even though you only need 70% to pass. He works with several people who have taken the test at least twice and still haven't passed! Those of you who know the DSM IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) know it is one BIG book, and is impossible to study in depth, especially in a limited amount of time. Mark had several practice tests he took on the computer, but he wasn't too sure he could do it-of course he did!! With a lot of studying, a lot of praying, and divine intervention he can now diagnose and treat you for any of your various mental disorders :)

He is now officially: Mark Spalding, MSW, LCSW

SWEET!

9 comments:

Paige said...

Very cool!! I've always wanted a bunch of letters after my name. ;)

Anonymous said...

We are SO proud (righteous pride)and thankful! Mark has been diligent in pushing onward with this for so many years. Now we will pray for work that will be both fulfilling and reasonably lucrative! And maybe even nights and weekends off. (So that he can better serve family and church - a righteous desire, right?) Love, Mamma K.

Stacie said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! There was no doubt my mind Mark. You're 100% in all your endeavors! I welcome your analysis of me and my family anytime-as long as it's nice.:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mark! Way to go! You can analyze my mental disorders anytime. Chris/Slash (My schizo twin)

Haley said...

YES!! That is so cool. Test's are so nerve racking. I feel relief for you!

Carrie said...

Mark- This just confirms what I already knew- you ARE cool and smart and awsome. Congrats! I was thinking about you all morning and sending good vibes your way. Now, let's get down to business- What can you tell me about my husband's disorder??? :)

Karla and Mike said...

Wow! That is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations. And I DO know the DSM-IV, I have one on my bookself, and it DOES have tons of information in it. I don't know how anyone could learn it all, but I guess that's why we keep the book handy!
It is good to have a licensed mental health professional in the family... I think. From now on I'll be careful what I say about me and my family, lest I get analyzed and find out something from Mark I'd rather not hear!
Karla

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You're so awesome Mark! I knew you would pass! You've been a great example of doing things the right way (making the appropriate sacrifices) and having faith! You and Amy both deserve this! Now...about that counseling you mentioned...:)

P.S., I deleted my above comment because I spelled something WRONG. Good thing I have no tests to pass at this time.