Saturday, July 12, 2008
History in the Making
Many of you know that for 12 of the 12.5 years we've been married, Mark has worked swing shifts or graves. He has also always had to work at least four hours on Christmas, and full shifts on all the other holidays!! When we first got married and lived in that spider infested basement apartment in Sunset, I hated sleeping alone. It scared me to death. Fast forward 12 years and it is odd to have Mark home at night. He has worked some day shifts, but when you work in a 24/7 facility, everyone has to work some nights. Well, on Thursday Mark interviewed for a Clinician spot at Mill Creek, the same facility he has worked at for eight years. They called him yesterday and told him he got the job!! The most exciting part for me is that he will be working Monday-Friday, days, no more weekends and no more holidays either!!! He will also be able to get his hours toward his LCSW, he is now a CSW and has to work under an LCSW for two years before he can pay the $175 for the "L". I swear! They get you coming and going!! His schedule will also free up time for him to start his own group home and practice on the side, something he has always wanted to do. Hurray!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awesome! Congrats, Mark! That'll be so weird. Cool, but so weird!
MARK! That's awsome. Congratulations! Amy, whatever will you do without that pesky 5PM to 1AM shift?? It'll be weird, now he'll make it to ALL the holiday get-togethers!!! :)
Congrats Mark! This is your year!
Nice job Mark! We're SO excited for you guys.
That is great guys! Sorry I have been slacking off in the comment department. It will be very weird for you not to have to work on holidays and weekends.
to answer your question Amy about what the heck I do down here in hobbs nm. I am the purchasing agent..or so they say. I get to spend millions of somebody else's money, and have people yell at me when there stuff doesn't come on time!! It's grand!
Post a Comment