Friday, November 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!


I have been excitedly awaiting this day...a day to completely embarrass Mark on my blog!! :) No, I'll try not to embarrass him-too much! Anyway, today Mark turns 35! As you can see from this photo of his first birthday, he has always been good looking :). When his mom gave me a photo album to get pictures from, I couldn't decide which ones to use. There were so many good pictures of him. I tease him that he never smiled in the photos when he was a teenager until he met me. I promised him I wouldn't post any of those "too cool teenager" shots-but believe me, you're missing out.

In every photo of Mark I can see how much our boys look like him. They are so lucky! Mark is not only hot, he is also the kindest person I know. He is so loyal and dedicated to us. There is never any question as to who he would want to spend time with or where he would rather be. He always chooses us over anything or anyone.

Mark has always loved sports. He played baseball every year while growing up, and then he began his love affair with track and field. In high school he was a sprinter, along with being a decathlete. It was awesome watching him do the pole vault, the shot put, the discus, the long jump, high jump, etc. He is an exceptional athlete and is good at just about everything.

These days he loves triathlon and has competed in several Olympic and Sprint distance triathlons. I am amazed at his drive and determination. He always has a list of goals going. Some goals have to do with athletics, some with spiritual things, some with financial things, but they are always written down and he is always reviewing them to see where he is at. I learn so much from his desire to become the best he can be.

One of the many things I love about Mark is his love for our boys. He is so involved with everything our boys do, and they love to spend time with Dad. He wrestles with them, builds inventions with them, plays sports with them, reads to them, changes diapers, sings, laughs, watches lame movies over and over :), they are so blessed to have him for a Dad. And I am the luckiest, most blessed girl alive. Mark is truly one of a kind. Happy Birthday Hun!! We Love you!!!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Mark IS one of a kind. He has a great sense of humor and always has a crude joke to throw out whenever we get together. Mark has always been great to me...I mean, dang- he's known me since I was 8 years old! I still remember that Christmas he brought you a mountain of presents, Amy. There were like 15 of em! And he made Haley and I that Easel with the Chalkboard on one side and the Dry-erase board on the other, and that huge roll of paper to draw on...I thought that was so cool.
Anyway, Happy Birthday Marky-Mark! Hope 35 is the best year ever!

Haley said...

Happy Birthday to Mark! I don't really remember life without mark around. He has always been like a brother. When I was little he made me feel like I was the fastest runner alive! He'd always time me running across our's and Morse's lawn and back. Mark is our triathlete idol! Michael often talks about being able to train with Mark. Maybe someday!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Terrence! You are a pretty cool guy, a great brother-in-law, not to mention friend! I always know I have someone to talk to about running (or not running). Some peeps just don't understand. :) Hope you have a great day. I know new running shoes are involved in this b-day, you always find a way to get what you want, right?

Kim and company said...

Wow that was great to learn about your cute hubby! I didn't know he was a triathalon dude! Cool! Happy Birthday--and keep up the fabulous work on those things that matter most! Yea for terrific dads!

Mamma K. said...

Mark really is cool. He has a good head and now a masters degree to go with it! He's been so persistent and hard-working all these years, working full time and going to school and always taking time to spend with his family and serve in the church. He's a great example for that houseful of boys!

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday Mark! You really are a great brother-in-law. You're very down to earth and honest with all of us.You're boys do look a lot like you, but I think Sam got the most dominate gene from you. If that makes any sense.

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KC said...

Well the three comments that were deleted were because of me. The computer signed me in under Carrie and then somehow showed up twice, so I put a comment that it was me not Carrie wishing you a happy birthday. Anyway I tried to delete all of them, but they are showing up as deleted. Anyway long story short....Happy Birthday Mark.

Shari said...

I AM DIEING HOW MUCH MARK LOOKS LIKE YOUR BOYS. IT WAS SO FUN LOOKING AT THOSE PICTURES(WHAT A HOTTIE) I HOPE HE HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY. HAVE YOU HEARD IF THE WATCH FIT BRECK OK? I HOPE SO SHE WAS SUCH A GREAT SPEAKER.
TALK TO YA SOON
XOXO SHARI