Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Blechies

Well, we made it through MOST of Christmas without any sickness. About noon today Mark said he wasn't feeling well, and by the time we were sitting down to eat Christmas dinner at his mom's tonight, he really wasn't doing well. He spent the three or so hours downstairs making trips to the facilities. Poor Mark. I guess there is a bright side, he wasn't sick this morning and was able to wake up at 4:45am when the kids ran into our room shouting that Santa had been here! It is fun to enjoy their enthusiasm, but something inside me can't wait until they are teenagers and will sleep in a little longer...Ty had been so worried that he would have to see or talk to Santa last night. He was so happy this morning that Santa and come and gone without bothering him :)


We enjoyed our traditional Christmas Eve party at my parents' house with the six foot subs, the singing, and grandkids playing piano. We also acted out the manger scene. This year my Mom even put together a service project for the kids. They made newborn kits for the LDS Church Humanitarian Center. We told them that some moms don't have anything but newspaper to wrap their babies in after they're born, so they really need a blanket, diapers, soap, and pajamas. The kids really enjoyed putting the kits together, and it was good to have something to take the focus off of the "gimmies".
Overall, it was a very nice Christmas. We enjoyed time with family and friends, and remembered how much we have to be grateful for! It was also Noah's first Christmas, which seems weird, because he is almost one! Doesn't he look excited to open presents? Too cute!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, you know it wouldn't be Christmas without the blechies. That's just the way it goes! I cannot believe the kids woke up that early...that's still the middle of the night, isn't it?? :) I'm glad Peyters still slept until 7:30!!

Mamma K. said...

Very cute! I just realized I can save pictures from your blog. I was taking movies and not stills when the individual family pictures were going on, so if you other peeps will post your family picture, I will appreciated being able to snag it!

Kim and company said...

Wow! Great Christmas Eve idea Grandma--you overachiever! That's excellent! Cute pictures too! Happiest of Holidays to you and yours!

Haley said...

I am glad someone took pictures! Wish we were there! Hope everyone gets over their sickness