My Grandma Keime was here for a few weeks. She lives in Denver and comes to stay with my Dad and Mom at least once a year. The kids call her Granny, and it is always wonderful to have her here. Ty especially loves her and talks about her for weeks after she goes back home. While she was here she took us all out to Golden Corral. She was also able to come to Devin's recital. She is a wonderful Grandma and Granny!
Today I went to my 12 week appointment and got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was a little nerve racking because it took Dr. Hughes a few minutes to find it. I kept telling myself that we had been though a miscarriage before and if that was the case, I would eventually be okay...but, when he finally found it, boy was it a beautiful sound. I am always cheesy and try to guess whether it's a boy or a girl by the heartbeat....supposedly girl heartbeats are faster then boys, and this one was rather slow. No surprise there- if it is in fact a boy. That's what we're counting on. But, I am prepared to find out it's a girl, because I'm afraid if I don't prepare I may just have a coronary.
My Mom and I have been taking a square foot gardening class and I am so excited to plant! My parents always have a huge garden, and growing up we did all the growing, picking, and canning stuff. But, as an adult, I've never planted a garden. I am almost giddy at the thought of growing and canning my own stuff. (Leah would be proud-she's our ward food storage specialist:)
Lastly, I am reading a book called The Memory Keeper's Daughter for book club. It is haunting and a little depressing, but I can't put it down. I just have to know what happens. It is much better then The Shack, which we read last month. I couldn't even finish that one...and I don't think that has ever happened before.
K-so now you know more then you ever needed or wanted to know :)
3 comments:
Great Job, Dev! Oh, I loved the Memory Keeper's Daughter! We'll all happily have coronaries for a little girl. :) Boys are great, too, though, as you know.
I did not finish "The Shack" either. I just didn't not feel comfortable with it. I did, however finish "The Memory Keeper's Daughter". It was very interesting, wasn't it?!
Glad you heard the heartbeat. That first appointment is always very nerve-wracking, isn't it! I still think it is a girl....... :)
Just so you know. My heart beat was slow and my mom thought I was a boy for 7 months. Here's hoping for a surprize....even though we love those boys : ) By the way....I'm still trying to decide on preschool. I found someone in west Layton who spilts the little guys up 3 yr class and 4 yr class. I'm going to check her out this week.
Post a Comment