Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Walk already-would ya?

Noah is SO CLOSE to walking, and honestly it is getting really annoying. Today I was ready to pull my finger away and say "sink or swim, baby"! It is very nearly impossible to get anything done because he no longer finds scooting on his bottom acceptable. Now he must walk everywhere, albeit with a finger to lightly grasp. Our neighbors told us about a cousin who finally put a tube of chapstick in their little boy's hand, and that got him going on his own. I'll have to try that. Noah is now officially 18 months-as of the 23rd, and although everyone has had their stories of this child or that child that didn't walk until they were 15, 16, 18 months, no one has told me of a child who started walking past 18 months. I know people, it will happen SOMEDAY, but I am ready for that day TODAY!!! Meanwhile, he is saying cute things like "I l-l-louve ooo", "ready?", "okay" & "See it?". At least he'll be able to talk while he's grasping my finger on the way into Kindergarten.

5 comments:

Colett's Corner said...

Hang in there. I was so frustrated when my kids wouldn't talk. Everyone had a story for me. They finally did but it drove me crazy. By the way Kyler wouldn't walk and we knew he could. We could get him to push a little popper around. We called it his magic feather. Good luck. Hope you feel ok.

Mamma K. said...

Remember Noah gets 5 extra weeks since he came 5 weeks early! Surely he'll be walking in another month...

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Not to fear....Rick was over 18 months and right after he started walking he broke his leg and was in the hospital for 3 weeks and then in a body cast for 5 weeks and then he had to learn to walk all over again!!!! And Jim was 18 months before he could get his lead bottom off the ground!

Kristin said...

I feel for you. A pregnant girl sure gets sick of toting two babies around-one on the outside and one on the inside.

Hang in there.

Patti said...

In a few years, nobody is going to care how old Noah was when he started walking. It's sort of like potty training. Socially it's such a big hairy deal to have your kid potty trained by age 2, but it's not going to be an issue in The Big Picture. I firmly believe that in most cases, when kids are left to their own timing, their accomplishments will be swift and painless. Sometimes you just have to throw away the books and the charts, and it will save you AND the child much angst! None of my kids ever read the textbooks....