

Yep! Sam's 8th birthday is coming up...October 10th. And it just so happens that because of General Conference, he gets to be baptized on his birthday! He is pretty excited. We're just hoping things go off without a hitch, if you know what I mean. Sam definitely keeps us on our toes. You never quite know what an event like this will bring out in him. But, it's his day, so we will roll with the punches.
It is so fun to see Sam thinking more about what it means to be baptized and the fact that he will be even more responsible for his choices once he is a member of the church. A few weeks ago on a Sunday night Sam came in and asked me if he could watch a movie in his room before bed. The rule at our house is no movies before bed on a school night, but they were going off track the next day. Apparently Sam didn't remember this because after I said "yes" I could hear him out in the hall way saying "I have to tell the truth, I have to tell the truth" over and over to himself. Then he came back in and said, "Mom, I can't watch a movie tonight because we have school tomorrow." When I told him he really didn't have school, but that I was proud of him for choosing the right and telling me that he thought they had school, you should have seen the grin on his face.

5 comments:
Handsome pictures! Sam is a good boy, with a strong sense of what's right and not right. It seems like when he gets upset, it's about something that is just not right!
Sam is all about justice, that's for sure! What a strapping young lad he is. I'm excited for his baptism. And a *little* excited about Golden Corral!!
What darling pictures. It's cool that he will remember the exact date of his baptism. Caden is so excited to be baptized. We are a couple of years away though.
Awesome! The pictures and the telling the truth part, and that he gets to be baptized on his birthday!
That is awesome he gets to be baptized on his birthday, and only two weeks after Michael! I will be sending something, hopefully this week. I've just got to go to the BYU bookstore. The one consistency I've got going is Baptism gifts!
Post a Comment