Monday, April 7, 2008
Get it out of your system
So, I was explaining to Devin that I have to go have a colonoscopy done tomorrow morning because we have a history of colon cancer in our family. (The conversations was interupted several times as I ran for the facilities.) After explaining what a colonoscopy is, he asked if he will have to have one. I told him that everyone needs to have one, but not until he is older. He, being too much like his, mother, began to worry and fret, and even cry, at the thought of having a colonoscopy, never mind that it won't happen for over three or four decades!!! I told him not to waste time worrying about something that wasn't going to happen for a long, long time...and that seemed to make him feel a little better. While I was trying to comfort him, I realized that I spend a lot of time worrying about things that I can't control, or shouldn't be worrying so much about. It is a waste of time and energy...something I don't have enough of as it is. So, while I am getting things out of my system, literally, I'll try to get rid of some self-defeating (sounds like Mark) tendancies, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, boy. Good luck on that. Hope it all comes out well! It'll be one of those things where you'll say "It wasn't that bad." But I have to admit, I'm worried about doing it myself, and I haven't even considered it yet!
I am with Devin. I am going to hold off atleast another decade or more. But I guess prevention is best! Good luck!
Post a Comment