Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!


Happy Mother's Day, Mom!! You are the greatest mom ever. Thank you for showing me how to be a good sister, a good wife, a good mother, and a good person.
I have so many good memories from my childhood, and most of them have to do with you. The hikes in Fernwood, the YW backpack trips, the annual trip to the Adam's Family House, even though I spent the whole time reading-I was too "cool" to be playing around :) I remember you making sledding hills in the front yard in the winter and waking us up in the middle of the night to watch a lightning storm in the summer. You helped me appreciate and learn to love nature, and I find myself pointing things out to my boys that you used to show me.
Thank you for encouraging me in piano, dance, cheer, and voice, and for sitting at the kitchen table on countless occasions in an effort to help me understand math. You never gave up on me, even though at the end of the lessons I was in tears. Thank you for allowing me to be who I was and not expecting me to be like anyone else. You always helped me see other points of view, but allowed me to make my own decisions. I appreciate that you only put in your two cents when you felt it was really important.
You are the best mother, mother-in-law, and grandma anyone could ever have. I love you!!
Remember this? Wrestling with Devin, Gavin, and Cooper!! Priceless!!












2 comments:

Carrie said...

That was so cute! Was that the shag hair-cut mom gave herself circa 1973? We DO have the best mom EVER!

Stacie said...

I love that picture, amoungst all the greatness, she is very pretty at all ages